Finance and Administration Officer
We are an advisory and training firm that partners with organisations to deliver tailored & bespoke solutions that address the people side of strategic and operational change. Our goal is to be East Africa’s leading people and change solution provider with global reach. We are firm believers that it’s all about the people! People are pivotal to an organisations ability to deliver its strategic objectives and achieve organisational performance.
Cedar Consulting now seeks to recruit a results oriented, professional for the position of Finance and Administration Officer. Reporting to the Managing Director, s/he will manage and provide leadership to the administration and finance function of the organisation.
Role and responsibilities
- Basic bookkeeping
- Managing supplier payments and ensuring positive relations are maintained with suppliers
- Actively monitor and manage accounts payables and accounts receivables ensuring positive cash flows are maintained monthly
- Timely collection of unpaid invoices
- Preparation of invoices and dispatch once approved
- Timely preparation and payment of taxes and other statutory payments such as NHIF, NSSF
- Effective management and reporting of petty cash
- Preparation of yearly budget and performing monthly analysis and advising Directors of budget performance accordingly Monthly bank reconciliations
- Preparation of monthly management reports
- Work closely with appointed advisors and auditors
- Inventory management and tracking of shipments
- Identify and recommend improvements to accounts and administration systems.
- Ensure the office is opened and closed daily in accordance with office hours
- Ensure a clean office environment is maintained
- Manage the reception, directing visitors and responding to queries
- Monitor office e-mails Ensure all business licenses are up to date
- Ensure all office records are filed and maintained in an orderly manner for ease of retrieval and identification
- Ensure adequate stationary and consumables in the office and arrange for replenishments
- Maintenance of all staff records, including leave management administration, benefits administration
- Monitor project cycles and completion of deliverables for billing and planning purposes
- Provide support in developing client and Associate contracts and monitoring execution.
- Exceptional organisational skills with a strong ability to perform and prioritise multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Very strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to build relationships with suppliers, staff, associates and clients
- Highly resourceful team-player
- Flexible, efficient and can exercise discretion
- Emotional maturity
- Self-driven, problem-solver, entrepreneurial
Education and experience requirements
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, or related field
- Must possess accounting professional qualifications
- At least five years post-qualification experience
- Must understand the dynamics of managing finances and administration for an SME
If you believe you fit the required profile, please send your CV in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 9 February 2018.